Monday, February 1, 2010

10,000 km review of my Opel Insignia 1.6T Sport

Following the 5,000 km review of my Opel Insignia, now the time has come for the 10,000 km review. The are only two major things that need shorting out. As you may have read in the �Known technical issues of Opel Insignia� post,  the are some known technical problems with Insignias and I have got two of them.

The first one has to do with the fact that water accumulates in the sill area of front doors. I had noticed in the past after a car wash, but back then, the lad in the dealer said it's normal and happens in all cars, strangely though neither my Honda nor my Volvo had this issue.... Anyway, now that's winter, this phenomenon is frequent and in my next visit to the dealer, I will tell them to fix it.

Second and most irritating issue is the noise from the rear disc brakes. Opel knows about this and this is due to the defective brake pads used, causing also score marks on the rear brake discs. I haven't done anything yet, cause in some cars, the brake pads were replaced with ones having the same part number and the problem was never solved. So, I am waiting for the new ones to come, which hopefully will not suffer from the same problem.

Other minor issues resolved included greasing of the ignition lock, as the key was stack in a couple of occasions and didn't return into 'run' position, and elimination of the vibration under the navi display.

After having 8,500 km on the clock, I noticed also a drop in the average fuel consumption by a liter per 100 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

free counters