Friday, April 9, 2010

My G Drive HDD finally arrived - first impressions

Back in February, I posted some nice stuff for your Mac, including an external HDD with FireWire 800 connectivity by G-Technologies. All this time, I was patiently waiting for it to arrive and yesterday, I got it on my hands.

If you really want to get a good external HDD with FireWire connectivity, then you definitely have to do some research as it's not easy, let alone having an eSata port as well. The G Drive offers great flexibility by providing 1x eSata, 2x FireWire 800 and 1x USB 2.0 ports. Also, it spins at 7200 rpm with up to 32 MB cache!

Although I didn't have much time to play with it and run speed tests, I will do so in the next few days, the G Drive looks the part by mimicking Apple's styling and the quality of the aluminium case feels good.

The kit contains a universal AC power supply, 1.6 m eSATA cable, 1.8 m FireWire 800 cable, 1.8 m FireWire 400 cable, 0.6 m USB 2.0 cable and a CD manual.

+
Interface flexibility
Slick design looking right at home with the rest of my Mac equipment
White LED indicating if the drive is powered up and when the drive is being accessed
Spinning at 7200 rpm
Formatted as Mac OS Extended, allowing to be used straight from the box as a Time Machine volume


-
No vertical stand

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

free counters